Were You Hit By A Car While Riding A Bicycle In Monroe or Loganville, Georgia?
If you were hit by a car while riding a bicycle in Monroe or Loganville, Georgia, here are six things you need to do:
The first thing you need to do after the accident is call 911. This is important so you can officially document the accident via a police report. When you call 911, a responding police officer will come to the accident scene and document the accident.
The responding officer may also attribute fault and a citation to the at-fault driver, which will help you prove to the at-fault driver's insurance company that the at-fault driver was responsible.
Second-Take Photographs and Videos Of The Accident Scene
The best way to preserve evidence of the accident scene is to take photographs and videos of the scene. Over time, memories fade, so make sure to document the accident scene as much as possible.
Third-Get Contact Information From All The Witnesses At The Scene Of The Accident
Make sure to take down the names and contact information for all of the possible witnesses from the scene of the accident, including:
- The at-fault driver
- The responding police officer
- The responding medical personnel like EMTs
- The responding tow truck driver.
Fourth-If You Are Injured, Seek Medical Treatment
If you are feeling aches, pains, or any symptoms of being injured because of the accident, it is advisable to seek medical treatment. It is better to be safe than sorry.
Fifth-Get The Police Report For The Accident
Once the accident is over, the police report will generally be completed within a couple of days after the accident. Make sure to get a copy of the police report so you have official documentation of the accident for negotiations with the at-fault driver's insurance company. Many times the first thing an insurance adjuster will look at is the police report.
Make sure to keep a file with all of the documentation related to the accident. This includes:
- The police report for the accident
- All photos of the accident
- All videos of the accident
- The contact information for each witness to the accident
- The insurance information for the at-fault driver
- All property damage estimates and bills related to the accident
- All of your medical records and bills related to the accident
- A list of all of the days you missed from work because of the accident
- A list of all of the pain and injuries you suffered because of the accident
Contact Bartlett Benton
If you were hit by a car while riding a bicycle in Monroe or Loganville, Georgia, please call Bartlett at 770-365-6414 for a free case evaluation.