It is common knowledge that riding motorcycles is more dangerous than driving a car. Since that is the case, why are motorcycles still so popular? Many people love motorcycles for a variety of reasons, they offer a feeling of adventure, they are easy to maneuver in and out of traffic, and they are very fuel efficient. Although motorcycles have all of these benefits, the results are catastrophic when an accident occurs. Motorcycles are no match for a normal sized vehicle, and the protection for the driver is even less. Luckily, at Benton and Benton, our motorcycle attorneys are experienced and are focused on delivering you the compensation and the justice that you deserve.
Loganville, GA Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
Common Motorcycle Accident Injuries
Since there is significantly less protection given to you while on a motorcycle, the risk of injury after getting into a motorcycle accident is significantly higher. Some of the common injuries sustained to a motorcyclist in an accident include:
- Bone breaks or fractures– These injuries occur when the motorcyclist either falls off of or is thrown off of the motorcycle.
- Limb loss– The loss of limbs is a devastating result of irreplaceable damage to the arms and legs, as the cyclist is thrown off the motorcycle, and skids along the pavement.
- Brain damage– Brain damage is the number one leading cause of death or disability of people who have gotten into motorcycle accidents.
- Spinal cord injuries– When one is thrown from a motorcycle, it is very likely for them to suffer a hard blow to the back. This often results in a spinal cord injury. Spinal Cord injuries present many other health issues such as, paralysis, loss of strength, loss of sensation, or even loss of complete function of the body parts that were impacted.
- Death– Sometimes, motorcycle accidents even lead to death. If a loved one suffers a wrongful death after getting into a motorcycle accident, the family members may file claims on behalf of the deceased.
What Kind of Damages can be Claimed after a Motorcycle Accident?
The types of damages that can be claimed after a motorcycle accident are similar to the claims of other types of personal injury cases. An attorney who specializes in motorcycle accident cases will be a valuable asset as they determine what damages can and should be claimed, as well as for how much. A good motorcycle lawyer can win compensation for economic and non-economic losses. The damages that may be claimed include but are not limited to:
- Damages to the Motorcycle– This is a type of economic compensation where the at-fault party will have to pay for the damage done to the motorcycle, or may even have to replace the motorcycle, depending on the damage that was done.
- Loss of Wages– Due to injuries that were sustained in the accident, it may not be possible for you to return to work immediately. We will get you compensation so that you do not have to go without money during these hard times.
- Medical and Therapy Bills– We know that most people cannot afford the costly medical bills that would be placed on them after an accident. That is where we can help you. We can help you make sure that all of those costs will be recovered.
- Loss of Consortium– This is a non-economic damage that occurs when there is a death of a spouse in a motorcycle accident. This damage includes the loss of companionship, support and intimacy after the loss of a loved one in a motorcycle accident.
We understand that after being in a motorcycle accident, that there is a lot of physical and mental suffering that goes along with that. At Benton & Benton it is our mission to make sure that you will receive the compensation and justice that you deserve.
What Makes a Good Motorcycle Attorney?
Personal Injury attorneys cover a lot of different kinds of cases. After getting into a motorcycle accident, it is important that your lawyer specializes in motorcycle accident cases, as they will have more experience in this specific field. All of this experience will become evident as they help you receive the compensation that you need.
Contingency fees are fees that you are only charged with if you win the case. This helps you not accrue attorney fees that you will have to pay off, even if you do not win the case. You will only pay the attorney fees after they have won the case.
Effective and Timely Communication
Communication between the lawyer and the client is critical in having a good case. It is important that the communication is a two-way street between attorney and client so that the attorney can collect evidence to help you win the case. On the flip side, it is important to make sure that the attorney has effective and timely communication with the client so that the client knows exactly what is going on in the case.
CONTACT BENTON & BENTON
After getting into a motorcycle accident, it is extremely time sensitive to get your motorcycle accident lawyer hired, so that you can claim your damages. Insurance companies will often try to get you to settle for less than the damage that was actually sustained. Making sure that you have a specialized lawyer who knows exactly what amount of compensation you deserve, will ensure that you will not settle for anything less than what you should be receiving. The attorneys at Benton & Benton will help and guide you through this uncomfortable process, so that you do not have to deal with it. Contact us today, we look forward to working with you.
If you or a loved one have been injured in a motorcycle accident in Georgia, please call us at 770-365-6414 for a free case evaluation.