Loganville, GA Bicycle Accident Lawyer
Bicycle accidents are one of the most common types of personal injury claims in Georgia. This is not surprising, given the number of cyclists who take to the roads during nice weather.
Moreover, because cyclists are required to follow the same traffic laws as other vehicles, this can sometimes lead to tension between cyclists and drivers, especially if laws are not followed.
If you have been involved in a bicycle accident in Loganville, Georgia, it is important to contact an attorney who specializes in bike accidents as soon as possible. The effects of your injuries may not always be immediately apparent, and it is crucial to be able to prove that your injuries occurred as a result of an accident.
Our experienced Loganville, GA bicycle accident attorneys will be able to gather all the necessary evidence needed for your case from the beginning. We will work with you one-on-one to get you the compensation that you deserve for your injuries.
Bicycles provide little protection to their riders, no matter how safely they are being driven. According to the NHTSA, more than 800 bicyclists are killed each year in traffic accidents nationally in Georgia.
Even if a rider is using all required safety equipment, other vehicles on the road can be unpredictable and cause serious injuries or death to innocent bicyclists.
It is therefore important to report a bicycle accident to the police and make sure it is documented, even if the crash does not appear serious or the other driver is not willing to be cooperative.
What Are the Common Causes of Bicycle Accidents?
When riding a bike on the road, bicyclists must follow all traffic laws and pay close attention to their surroundings. However, even when following the rules of the road many other factors could cause an accident. These include:
- Drivers not obeying traffic laws or signs.
- Driver negligence, including driving under the influence and distracted driving.
- Defective road conditions — Sudden changes in elevation and potholes can cause cyclists to veer out of control and fall off their bikes resulting in serious injuries.
- Poorly designed roads — Some roads do not have dedicated bike lanes for cyclists.
- Defective parts — Sometimes, car-bike collisions occur because one or more parts on either vehicle are defective, causing it to fail without warning.
- Failure to yield right-of-way
What Types of Bicycle Accident Injuries Qualify?
Injuries from bicycle accidents can range from minor cuts and bruises to traumatic brain injuries and spinal cord damage. It is important to seek medical attention for your injuries as soon as possible after an accident so that your doctor can document them and monitor your progress during treatment.
Some of the most common types of injuries sustained by bicyclists include:
- Head injuries — Bicyclists are especially vulnerable to head injuries because they do not have the same level of protection as occupants in cars and trucks. Head injuries can range from mild concussions to traumatic brain injuries and coma.
- Upper body injuries — Broken arms and collarbones are some of the most common upper-body injuries sustained in bicycle accidents. These fractures can be painful, disabling, and require extensive medical care to heal properly.
- Lower body injuries — Lower body fractures are also common bicycle accident injuries. Lower body fractures may include broken legs or ankles, as well as pelvic fractures which can be very serious and life-threatening.
- Lacerations and Abrasions — It is common for bicycle riders who fall off their bikes to cut themselves with broken glass or other sharp objects along the roadway.
- Soft tissue damage, including sprains and strains in muscles, ligaments, or tendons.
- Neck and back injuries such as herniated discs and spinal cord damage (which can lead to paralysis such as quadriplegia)
- Nerve Damage: Nerve damage can be caused by a bicycle accident resulting in pain, weakness, or loss of feeling.
Why You Should Hire a Bicycle Accident Lawyer
The best thing to do after a bicycle accident is to contact an experienced bicycle accident lawyer. You may not be aware of the fact that you are entitled to compensation for your injuries and losses. If the accident was caused by someone else’s negligence, then you should hire an attorney right away.
Here are some reasons why you should hire a bicycle accident lawyer to help with your case:
- They can negotiate a settlement on your behalf. They have years of experience handling cases like yours. They know how to get the best possible result for their clients.
- They will work hard to get you a fair outcome in court. Your attorney will work closely with the insurance companies and their lawyers to make sure that everything goes smoothly during the trial process.
- If you are injured in a bicycle accident, your medical bills will likely be very high. Several factors affect how much money you will receive from your insurance company after being injured in a bicycle accident. The amount of time it takes for you to recover from your injuries is one of those factors. A good attorney can negotiate with the insurance companies to make sure that you get what you deserve for all of these things.
Why Benton & Benton Is the Right Choice
A bicycle accident can have devastating consequences for the cyclist. If you or a loved one has been injured in a wreck, get help from an experienced attorney who understands the ins and outs of Georgia’s tort law.
Benton & Benton is a dedicated personal injury law firm serving clients throughout the Atlanta area. We have represented injured clients in Loganville, GA, and the surrounding areas for years and have an excellent reputation for obtaining large settlements and verdicts on behalf of our clients. What’s more, we only get paid if you win your case.
Here is what we bring to the table:
We offer free consultations to review your case. If you have been injured, contact us for a free case evaluation and learn about your legal options.
Comprehensive Legal Services
Our attorneys help clients from consultation through trial. We represent clients in personal injury cases that involve all types of bicycle accidents, including those involving serious injuries and wrongful death.
Our knowledge of how the law applies to injured bicyclists and extensive experience in litigating bike accident cases has helped us develop an effective approach to these types of cases. You can have peace of mind knowing that your case is in safe hands.
Let our team of dedicated attorneys help you navigate the legal process and get maximum compensation for your losses. Contact us today for a free case evaluation at 770-365-6414.