Contact Us for a Free Consultation 866-974-0330


I Was Rear Ended By A Tractor Trailer In Loganville, Georgia. Where Can I Sue?

Posted by Bartlett Benton | Jul 02, 2020 | 0 Comments

Were You Rear-Ended In Loganville, Georgia By A Tractor Trailer?

If so, you may be wondering where you need to bring the lawsuit.  Please see below a breakdown on where you can bring your lawsuit.

The At-Fault Driver's Home County

The first place you should always look for bringing the lawsuit is the at-fault driver's home county.  This is always a proper place to bring a lawsuit against the at-fault driver.

The County Of The Trucking Company's Registered Agent

If the at-fault driver was on the job at the time of the accident, you can sue the at-fault driver and the trucking company in the county of the trucking company's registered agent.  

A registered agent is a business or individual who is listed with the Georgia Secretary of State for the purpose of receiving the lawsuit when a lawsuit is filed against a business.  

For example, if a company has a registered agent that is based in Walton County, then a lawsuit against the company can be brought in Walton County. 

The County Where The Accident Occurred

Under Georgia's motor carrier laws, lawsuits against trucking companies can be brought in the county where the accident occurred.  

Contact Bartlett Benton For All Possible Venue Options For Your Lawsuit

While the venue options listed above are the most common places for where you would bring your lawsuit, there may be other options depending on the facts of your case.  

Please call Bartlett at 770-365-6414 for a free case evaluation.  

About the Author


There are no comments for this post. Be the first and Add your Comment below.

Leave a Comment

Contact Benton & Benton