I Was Injured In A Car Accident In Loganville, Georgia. Where Should I Go For Medical Treatment?

Were you injured in a car accident in Loganville, Georgia?

If so, you may be wondering where to go for medical treatment due to your car accident.  First and foremost, if you ever feel you need emergency treatment, call 911 or go to your nearest emergency room.

If you are not in an emergency situation, the first place you should go to is your primary care doctor’s office.  Your primary care doctor will examine you and decide what type of treatment you need, and will refer you to any specialists you will need to see such as an orthopedist.


It is financially wise to go to providers who accept your health insurance.  Otherwise, you will be paying hefty out of pocket amounts for treatment.  Also, if your case settles and your health insurance plan is not an ERISA plan, you will likely not have to pay back your health insurance company for the bills they covered.


If you do not have health insurance, there are a couple of options you have for securing medical treatment:

  1. You can pay out of pocket for the medical treatment;
  2. You can receive medical treatment that is subject to a lien; or
  3. You can receive a medical funding loan from a medical funding company.

If you receive treatment that is subject to a lien, that means the doctor or facility will not charge you anything while your case is pending, but once your case settles, the amount of the lien for medical treatment has to be paid.

If you receive a loan from a medical funding company, the medical bills will be paid through this loan, but once your case settles, you will owe the medical funding company the money they loaned you plus interest.


If you were in a car accident in Loganville, Georgia and would like a free case evaluation, please call Bartlett at 770-365-6414.